Friday, October 17, 2008

It's not so good to be a cougar fan....

My last post (some time ago now) began with the idea that it's a good year to be a cougar fan. That was then, this is now. Alas, our kitty cats were shown the door last night by a very good, very fast TCU team. They were found to be declawed and were defenseless, I guess. Not only did they lose the game, but it meant their nation-leading 16 game win streak came to an end. So sad.

Speaking of kitty cats, a short part of my day today was spent trying to interpret a voicemail message from my nephew Andy (who has Down's syndrome) while he enthusiastically informed me that Cheyenne was being "mean to the kitties" while she played there with Colleen's kids. Apparently, she was "playing house" with them, which involves things like wrapping them in blankets for bed. When I called back, Colleen was quick to point out that the kitties were now safely "taking a nap" in the garage to which Colleen held the key. Ah, my life. And let me add that my life is better because Andy The Enforcer is in it!

2 comments:

ColleenDown said...

The kitties are fine but oh how one needs a home. Please pass this to everyone you know. As for those cougars maybe it is time for the cougars to move football up a few notches on the Mendenhall scale. Isn't it something like food, friends, fun, family, football? (Whoops faith, family, friends, football)

jessica&john.com said...

I love that Andy is now the kitty enforcer. He has such a good rapport with cats;) As soon as life gets less crazy I want to see pictures of your new addition to the Wilde fam.