Sunday, October 3, 2010

My Old Birthday


Hello, everyone, look at your birthday, now back at mine, now back at yours, now back to mine. Sadly, your birthday isn’t mine, but if it were and you switched to a Conference weekend birthday like mine, you could enjoy an awesome breakfast of a beautiful parfait and sourdough pancakes. Look down, back up, where am I? I'm on a boat on Utah Lake with tunes playing on an ipod while Cheyenne drove (thanks Allen and Noreen) with my family and my neighbors that smell like Utah Lake. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s cupcakes at Cathy's and ice cream at home. Look again, you're eating those treats with your sisters, nieces, nephew, and family. Look again, the cake has turned into a cute new generation ipod Nano. Anything is possible when your man makes the day special. I’m on a couch.

Thanks to everyone for all the well wishes, all the fun (really, how often have I gotten to ride on a boat on a hot day for my October birthday??), and all the fabulous food!!! I was struggling a bit with this midlife birthday but you made it an awesome one. And so the birth season continues into this next week. Anything is possible!!

7 comments:

jessica&john.com said...

Happy Happy Birthday Aunt Cheryl. I was thinking about how glad I am that you are such a big part of my life.
I am glad you were treated like a queen!
xoxo,

Beckstrand7 said...

Happy Birthday, Spice Girl! What a fun weekend you had, obviously. :)

Laura said...

Happy Birthday!! What a fun day you had! I really truly meant to give you a call on Saturday so I'm happy that you were having such a great day. Love ya!

Cathy G said...

Love the post! Very funny! So glad we could celebrate together, I can't remember the last time I celebrated your real birthday with you! Hope it's a great year!

Heather said...

Happy Birthday Aunt Cheryl. You must have one awesome family if they can extend summer just for your celebration.

Suzanne said...

Love the spin on your b-day post. Made me laugh.

Kellie Hansen said...

this is probably my favorite post ever! oh wow, I was laughing so hard. I'm so glad it was fun!! happy birthday!!