Sunday, March 6, 2011

I dealt with the crisis....

When I look at my last blog post and realize it was in January, I'm a little shocked. February happened at light speed! So, let's talk about February and my hair. Thanks for all the input on what I should do. In the end, I decided to get it colored and cut a few inches off. The cut and color were both good, but the change wasn't dramatic.

This weekend, I went a little more dramatic. Thanks to a recommendation from my sister Cathy, I partook of a Brazilian Blowout! In a nutshell, it's a keratin coating that's put on your hair to make it healthier, less frizzy, softer, etc. So, yesterday I had it done, and I came home with my hair straighter than it's ever been in its life!

The stylist assures me it didn't get rid of my girls, but it will tame them. In the meantime, she used a flat iron and straightened it out section by section. This time the change was dramatic! Oh, and did I mention the streak of purple??? Just a little dream I've had for some time to go to church with purple hair. I'm still a little too conservative to dye it all purple, but the streak is fun!
The fun part is that I didn't get it cut this weekend. This is the cut I've had; it just looks a whole lot different when it's straight.

I don't intend to ever permanently give up my curls - they are too much a part of who I am, but I have to say that the change has been dang fun! And my hair has never felt so soft. Thanks for the encouragement, Cathy!

14 comments:

Katelyn Nicole said...

I love, love, love it--especially the purple streak!! I am so jealous of people who "go bravely where they have never gone before." Now if their was just away to do the flat iron thing without giving up half your morning. Those "brazilians" what will they think of next ;-)

ColleenDown said...

I am sure that Katelyn loves it too--but so do I--we share a lot of the same thoughts lately!

jessica&john.com said...

So cute and stylish! Your hair is fabulous! It looks really healthy. I've been wondering about the Brazilian blowout. I need more details. I want to same thing!

J Shepherd Family said...

So, so cute! I love it!

Chris said...

BAH! I love it! I need to come and see you very soon. :)

Chris said...

Oh, by the way...this is Whitney...apparently I'm on Chris' account.

Laura said...

I've been curious about what you decided. And it looks really cute! I love the purple. Does Cheyanne want to get a streak in her hair now?

Romney said...

I love it! And the purple streak is very "hip" as well!! Now we need to hear about your trip last month too!

cathyg said...

I love the look, purple hair and all! I am glad you like it as I would not want to be responsible for your unhappiness!

Heather said...

It looks great. I can't wait to see it tomorrow. I feel like I need to do something daring before our Derby girls lunch next week.

Meagan said...

I love your new hari-do! The purple streak is especially awesome! :)

Meagan said...

Whoops--I meant hair-do

Kellie Hansen said...

I love it! That looks so good! and the purple streak is the icing on the cake. :)

Rusty & Georgia Henrichsen said...

Purple, eh. I din't realize you were such a rebel.

Rusty