Sunday, September 22, 2013

Celebrating the Birth Season


So, a couple of days ago, we had a fun birthday celebration with my sisters.  Over the years, we have traditionally held a summer float party in Cathy’s pool each year at the end of August to jointly celebrate Colleen and Cathy’s August birthdays.  It was super fun this year as Cathy, Colleen, Heather, Romney, and I floated and enjoyed the summer.  It was so fun that we decided to have a second float in between Colleen's birthday and my birthday.  We scheduled it once, but changed the date due to pouring rain.  Then we rescheduled for a week later.  As it turned out, it was 90 degrees one day, then 25 degrees cooler the next couple of days when we had our float planned.  I love the girls, but not so much the swimming in 70 degree weather!  That's okay, you can make up for a lot of swimming with some fun reminiscing about childhood treasures, a good sushi lunch, some niece time at her new house, some cupcakes, and some awesome gifts!  

Thanks Cathy for a great time!!!!  I am super grateful to have great sisters with whom I can spend these times.  Now we look forward to a trip up to Colleen's cabin when it's even closer to my birthday.  I love celebrating the birth season.  Let it start early and continue long!  

4 comments:

ColleenDown said...

My favorite time of the year and my favorite time of the morning when I see a new Derby Girl post--we all really need to get back on here! Looking forward to next week!

Heather said...

It was fun to celebrate with you. Thank you for bringing the fabulous dessert.

Cathy G said...

It is always fun to get together...we are lucky to have each other and enjoy being together!

jessica&john.com said...

It is great to catch up on your life. I think about you all the time and hope you guys are doing well. Love you!