Saturday, March 8, 2008

Snippets....

As usual, I've "meant" to blog a lot recently, but my real life got in the way. That's not to say that I don't think a blog about everything I do these days. And in my thinking, I think of my blog audience as well. I hope you enjoy these snippets of my life.

One day Cheyenne was absolutely insistent that she was going to school with 8 ponytails in her hair. I attempted to persuade her otherwise, but there was no doing that! After considering all the forms of self-expression she might want to take, it didn't seem so bad, and at least she let me photograph it!

The sunburn is a direct result of poor planning on my part when Cathy and I decided to go skiing. It was totally fogged in -- who knew those nasty ultraviolets were getting through. Yes, it hurt. Yes, about 4-5 days later, I looked like the previously posted picture of Cheyenne, but no tortilla was needed.

The last picture shows our new helicopter and Cheyenne and Daniel test driving it. They loved it! Ok, so we really went to the Discovery Gateway children's museum and this is the old Life Flight helicopter they had there. When other kids were there, they politely explored it. When the others left, they embarked on some serious missions rescuing stranded hikers, making radio contact with me in the tower, and risking their lives hanging outside the doors while they took heroic actions! When you couple that with the special exhibit on the body including a giant nose that sneezed and a complete (that would be from chewing to pooing) characterization of the digestive system, my kids had the time of their lives!

No comments: