Saturday, June 14, 2008

One of my favorite artists in the field today

Sometimes when you find something you like, you just need to share it. This up and coming artist's work just makes me smile every time I walk by her pieces. These are all pieces that I picked up for nothing really, but I have not doubt they will continue to appreciate in value as her popularity grows. "Stegosaurus" is one of my favorites. When asked about her inspiration, she said, "I wanted to make a long neck, but it turned out looking like a stegosaurus." Didn't Michaelangelo once say that when she sculpted, he just started with a block on marble and found the statue inside?

I call the next piece "The Happy Rhinoceros." It makes me happy every day when I see it. And finally, an example of her more abstract side. I call it "Bright Spot" because she really is a bright spot in my life and in my house.

Watch for more work by Cheyenne in the months and years ahead!


No comments: