Saturday, June 14, 2008

Friday the 13th

The day came and went. Daniel really did turn 13 on that very day. Our new basement received its first initiation to a party full of teenagers. Everyone escaped unscathed. I'm taking a deep breath now and moving forward. I learned a few big words along the way:

Triskaidekaphobia - Fear of the number 13 (I did know this word)
Paraskevidekatriaphobia - Fear of Friday the 13th
Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia - Fear of big words

Now go to work and impress your friends!! Oh, and if anyone knows the word for "Fear of 13 year olds" let me know 'cause I may need that one in the coming years!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Well, fear of teenagers in general, not specifically 13 year olds, is
ephebiphobia. So, I suppose that could apply now and as he gets older. :)

Anonymous said...

I think you have somniphobia-fear of sleep or phengophobia-fear of daylight or sunshine because you were blogging at 5:53am on a Saturday morning!!!! Hope the party was fun, can't wait to hear all the details! We thought of you Friday night! Happy 13th Daniel!