Monday, November 24, 2008

Like mother, like son

Yesterday after church, Daniel decided he wanted to make a cake for fun. He wanted to make a cake shaped like a cooked turkey. We talked about ideas of how to do that, then he realized he should make dark meat and white meat. In the end, we had a great looking turkey cake that was part white and part chocolate, complete with some stuffing pieces leaking out the back end. I'd say this kid has a bright future ahead of him!
Check out the white meat breast and the dark meat drumstick. Yum!!!

6 comments:

Romney said...

I am SO impressed! That is the coolest cake I have ever seen!! And Kudos to Daniel for coming up with the awesome idea!

Heather said...

Very fun. It must've been a strange sensory experience to see something savory but taste something sweet.

jessica&john.com said...

I wish we were having Daniel's cake turkey instead of the real thing on Thurs! I am not the biggest fan of the Thanksgiving bird but relish any cake made by the Wilde clan! And, Jake's cake was sooo cute. You should post pictures for everyone else to see!

cathyg said...

Way to go Daniel! And his mom for helping him or letting him or whatever was required to let him go free in the kitchen! I think it was the chef's hat that gave him the awesome cake decorating skills! PS. I want to see Jake's cake!

Laura said...

Maybe I'll have Daniel make the next birthday cake for our family--compared to that, my ghost cake is pretty lame. So cool, Daniel!

The Wright Family said...

I am thinking that Daniel needs to make a guest appearance on the “Ace of Cakes” program aired on the food network...very impressive. I think that Dove would also be impressed by Daniel's genius.