Thursday, February 26, 2009

I've Been Tagged

My sister tagged me to write about a picture. The poor girl did it days ago and has probably wondered why I'm such a loser! I'm just a very busy loser. So, her instructions were as follows:

1. Go to your My Documents/My Pictures
2. Go to your sixth file
3. Go to your sixth picture
4. Blog about it
5. Tag 6 people

I got a little confused with the "sixth file" part, but I had that many folders so I selected the sixth folder and the sixth picture. Here it is! I promise this is the sixth picture she asked for, and it is poetic justice that it happens to be an early morning picture that includes her! (Didn't someone once say to be careful what you ask for????)



This is an early morning shot of Cheryl, Cathy, and Colleen before we ran in the Marathon relay at Thanksgiving Point. We had a five-person team that also included Colleen's daughter Jessica and my neighbor Noreen. As a team, we covered a full marathon distance of 26.2 miles, but that meant that each of us had to run 5.2 miles. The shirts we got said, "A full marathon, 1/5 the pain."

We did really well. We didn't win or anything like that, but each of us ran our segment faster than we'd ever run that distance before. I was really proud of us and what we accomplished. I was 40 (two weeks shy of 41, actually) when we did it. Now that I'm 43, I appreciate even more what Cathy and Colleen did to do it with me. I think it would be harder now. Anyway, it was fun, Thanksgiving Point was a beautiful place to run (although a bit hilly at times), and we accomplished a goal we'd set.

Thanks for the fun trip down memory lane, Cathy. And now, as per her instructions, I guess I must tag a few of my blogging friends. Hmm, I'm gonna call out Kim E. (when you get a break from school), Laura A. (ditto), Patti H., Noreen, Heather W., and Karen M. I know you guys all check this occasionally, so I'm going to be looking for your pictures on your blogs as well. I can't wait!

3 comments:

cathyg said...

Thanks Cheryl! It is the first time I have tagged someone, wasn't sure if everyone would feel like it was a chain mail thing that they had to try and get out of! That was a fun memory!

Noreen & Allen said...

That was a fun race and a fun walk down memory lane. Your awesome!

jessica&john.com said...

Good times. We should do it again someday. I can't get the taste of all that good cooking from the other night out of my mind! Thanks so much for having us over.