Thursday, April 9, 2009

A Fun Tale

Once upon a time (actually it was Tuesday, April 7), Dale and I saw a UPS truck pull up to our house.

"Are you expecting something?" "No, are you?" "No." "Well, we're getting something."

Outside, Cheyenne said, "Thanks!" then came running in the house screaming, "It's my pickles from Grandpa! It's my pickles from Grandpa!" (Picture confused and confounded looks on Dale and Cheryl's faces.)

Cheyenne ran to the kitchen and grabbed some scissors where she began attacking the box with zeal.

Before long, a bundle of bubble wrap emerged. More scissors.

Sure enough, it's pickles!!

Mom: "Cheyenne, why did Grandpa send you pickles?"
Exasperated Cheyenne: "Because I wanted some! They're the cute little ones!" (Cute little dill pickles)

Cheyenne ate a pickle then put the lid on.

Cheyenne: "I need to run and tell Noreen (the next door neighbor) that Grandpa sent me pickles."
Voice trailing off...."Noreen! Grandpa sent me pickles!"
This scene was repeated at the next neighbor's house.

Wednesday, April 8. "Can I have a pickle for a snack?"
Thursday, April 9. Cheyenne just finished a yummy breakfast of eggs and pancakes. "Now can I have a pickle?"

Cheryl's Conclusions from the last couple of days:
Jar of pickles: $2.50
Cost of postage: $7.00
Smile on Cheyenne's face and thrill in her voice: PRICELESS

Thanks, Grandpa, for a very fun treat.

5 comments:

Laura said...

Ahh, the joys of life. Too cute.

cathyg said...

Who knew pickles could be such a treat! Maybe I should eat one again...or maybe just know that Cheyenne really enjoys them!

Samson said...

I love it! how great! :D

jessica&john.com said...

I love that Cheyenne gets so excited about the little things in life. What a great example. I had my first pickle craving the other night. Cheyenne and I need to hang out and have a pickle party!

Noreen & Allen said...

I'm sorry I missed it.
I love that girl.