Wednesday, August 26, 2009

A little girl and her dad

A few weeks ago, Cheyenne excitedly demonstrated her "secret" handshake with her dad. It's a fairly complex series of hand gestures and fist bumps that makes her smile every time they do it. Last night, they did the secret handshake punctuated by a burp at the end. She was giddy. It really never would have occurred to me to bond with her over a burp.

The handshake fest was followed by the tasting of lime juice and the subsequent sour faces.


And who can forget the delightful display of good nature when Dale recently allowed Cheyenne to paint his toenails yellow, including black lines in the big toes to make them look like bees? He kept it on for a whole week, and even wore sandals a couple of times in public.


I love what he does for her and with her 'cause I'd say he boldly goes where I'm not sure I'd go. Thanks, Dad!!!

7 comments:

J Shepherd Family said...

What a good guy! I guess he was worth buying your own ring for!

cathyg said...

Way to go Dale and Cheyenne...who knew burps could create such a bond!

Dale said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dale said...

Can we just forget about the ring thing? Gosh!

Laura said...

Love the toes. The bunble bee thing probably out does Eric. Glad you're back to blogging, Cheryl!

Darcee said...

Yay a Cheryl post!

I'm getting this little picture in my mind of your house. . .Cheryl and Daniel bonding over breads and cakes and Dale and Cheyenne bonding over polish and burps. Fun stuff.

jessica&john.com said...

Dale you are one rad dad!
Thanks for all the work on my shower Aunt Cheryl! It was perfect:)!