Sunday, November 28, 2010

Why I have a bruise on my knee...



Why do I have a bruise? Because I was hit in the knee by a 12 pound flying projectile in the form of a frozen turkey! How did that happen, you may ask. While turkey bowling in our basement, of course! And why was I turkey bowling in my basement? For a contest, of course!

The Simply Mac stores are having a contest - a Thanksgiving scavenger hunt to be exact. They are awarding a $500 in-store credit, and you receive entries for the contest by submitting various Thanksgiving-themed photos. You can read all about it here.

They frequently have good contests, so it may be worth your time to check out their blog occasionally. Until then, you can just enjoy the photos of me when I was bowling followed by me when Daniel was bowling! Maybe tomorrow I'll post the bruise!





8 comments:

AnneMarie said...

Only you...

ColleenDown said...

Let's see watermelon football, turkey bowling--your bruises are sounding more suspicious all the time. Keep us posted on the results.

Laura said...

What fun! If you're going to get a bruise, at least there's an interesting story to it. I hope you had a happy thanksgiving!

Heather said...

It appears from your pictures that you all have great Turkey-bowling form. I bet Wii comes out with a version next year.

Darcee said...

Fowl ball! Or is that Foul Turkey?

What other holes have you left in your blog?

Romney said...

How fun!! I think you have the best picture!! Let us know if you win!

Cathy G said...

Welcome back! I thought you'd moved on forever! Love the turkey bowling...I never think of great games like that...I do have a frozen turkey hmmm!

jessica&john.com said...

Ahh the memories you make at your house. I am glad you are sharing so I can copy your crazy traditions.