Friday, December 3, 2010

One of my favorite things..

I'm a little late getting this post up, but I just learned about it last night. Last year, we went to this really great live nativity. We were so hoping they would do it again this year. Just yesterday, I finally found information about it, and it's this weekend. They'll do it tonight (Friday), tomorrow, and Monday.

It's in Alpine. You drive to a church parking lot, then they shuttle you to the beginning of the path to the nativity. You'll see Roman soldiers on horseback, you'll get to walk through the streets of Bethlehem complete with vendors and lots of animals (including camels). Then you'll see the live nativity itself. It's free of charge though they do have collection jars for donations that go to the Huntsman Cancer Institute.

We went last year, and it was truly moving. It was an awesome way to welcome in the Christmas season. And my kids loved it!

If you are in the area and have the chance to go, I recommend it! You can find a few more details here.

Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

ColleenDown said...

You have had a busy week! "Tis the season! (Now I have the "favorite things" song stuck in my head-thanks)

jessica&john.com said...

This sounds so cool. I hope you took pictures!

Heather said...

Wow, what a production. I wish we were closer (and we weren't all sick) so we could check it out.