Sunday, April 17, 2011

It Works!!

This is what I learned today.  If someone in your house calls 911 and hangs up (you know, just to see if someone will answer), then the dispatchers do call back.  Following a call from dispatch, they really do send out officers.  They might even send two officers who park away from you house (so it looks like it's really a problem at the neighbors' house) and walk cautiously toward the door from two different directions - just in case.  And then the officers are really nice when they come to the door and talk to the family.

Just wanted you to know in case you ever wondered if it works.......

8 comments:

Cathy G said...

My guess is that Cheyenne would be the mysterious 911 caller?? Did you actually see them approaching from two different directions? At least they only sent quiet policeman and not the whole emergency vehicle squad with sirens blaring and then you have to send the whole neighborhood home! Glad it was only a test of the emergency broadcast system!

Dale said...

Just in case you're wondering, it wasn't me.

Darcee said...

And if your child accidentally calls them on speed dial on their cell phone and they call back and the child is very nervous, and therefore gives a false impression that something shady really is happening, they will send an officer over even if it is approaching midnight. (That's a great way for parent to learn all about the incident also!)

Heather said...

I think you should call 911 back and this time get the officers to pose with said someone for a picture.

AnneMarie said...

Always something exciting going on over in your cul-de-sac...

jessica&john.com said...

Ha Ha. I am sure my mom can relate. I am glad they were so nice and quick to respond to the call.

ColleenDown said...

Well Cheryl, if you would have asked, I could have told you it works! (They also send a backup when they come to arrest your dogs!)

Unknown said...

I thought for sure they were coming for me, boy i'm glad they didn't catch me!