Wednesday, April 6, 2011

A new favorite spot

Call us weird, but Dale and I discovered a fun little restaurant today.  We had lunch at the Serving Time Cafe.  It's a small restaurant in front of the prison at the point of the mountain.  It's one of several industries that is there to give inmates job experience.  I had no idea they did so many things, but the restaurant is just one of their self-supporting businesses.

The food was good, plentiful, and cheap!  And the staff was great.  They serve breakfast all day (Daniel was thrilled to hear of the possibilities), sandwiches, soups, and salads.  I love the premise of giving the inmates something productive to do that allows them to learn job skills.  I love the small, simple atmosphere.  And how can you go wrong with good, inexpensive food?

So, if anyone wants to serve a little time with me sometime, let me know and we can go say hi to my new buddies!

3 comments:

jessica&john.com said...

So cool.
Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to check it out.

AnneMarie said...

I'm game--give me a call and we'll go!

Heather said...

To think I lived across from the prison for so many years and never knew. I'll have to check it out.