Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Challenge

My sister issued a challenge to "write your story in 150 words or less" and post it on a blog.  I missed the deadline because I kept re-doing it.  I think I'm done re-doing!  Here's my stab at it.


I ask the students I tutor, “What is a product?”  It’s the answer you get when you multiply.  I am a product -- of all I have done multiplied by all those whose paths I have crossed.  My life goals include meeting everyone and going everywhere. I am who I am partly because of my elementary classmates in Kentucky multiplied by my friend Angela in Arizona.  The beauty of a bay in Puerto Rico multiplied by the friends I was with on that cruise formed me.  The teenage students on a bus in Wales and amazing past roommates are factors in my life.  Divorced parents, Korea, adoption, Tennessee, special needs daughter, creative son, Colorado, coworkers at a clothing store, Mexico, widowed neighbors -- the factor list is innumerable. I am a product, and fortunately, a product is bigger than the numbers you started with.  

3 comments:

ColleenDown said...

You didn't miss the deadline, I said by Spring-not spring 2012! This is amazing and captures everything about you. I love the math analogy--and how many places you have been. I thought I might have offended you with my joke about meeting everyone--obviously not, it is still on your "to do" list. I appreciate everyone supporting my little challenge-it has been so much fun that I will think of another assignment.

Cathy G said...

I love it! What a perfect formula to work from! I think you nailed it! Love you!

Cathy G said...

I love it! What a perfect formula to work from! I think you nailed it! Love you!