Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Did something die in here?

I told you it is a "wilde" life! I'd always heard that water could blow up in a microwave.....it can. I just happened to find that out as I was boiling red water for a science experiment Daniel suddenly remembered he was supposed to do at 9:00 p.m. the other night! It wouldn't be right, though, if I didn't also share the picture of the final result. I learned that you can layer water if you layer three different temperatures - ice cold, room temp, and boiling. After that we got to watch fat globules in milk as they moved across a slide on the microscope. (I might add that I'm grateful I have a neighbor who drinks 2% milk!)
Life is good and science is cool!

1 comment:

kelison said...

I gotta try that one! Tony has a raw egg that has no shell, is rubbery and green and is sitting in milk on the kitchen counter. Science is cool!