Sunday, October 7, 2007

I've lost some weight...

Well, I feel like I've lost a lot of weight, but my pants don't show it. For a few weeks now we've been working on de-stuffing the basement. I was going to say de-junk, but it wasn't all necessarily junk - just stuff. We'd like to finish our basement, but I told myself and my family we couldn't start till we'd removed about half of the stuff in the basement. We're getting close.

We sorted out all the things that could be sold at a garage sale. We set it up. We had it - even in the rain. We picked up a little cash. That made me feel like I'd lost weight. It was liberating and motivating. I'm sure I walk with a quickened step.

We've given lots away. We've found charitable organizations and some individuals who really needed it. That made me feel like I'd lost weight because I gave blood. You know, you benefit, but so does the person who received it! I love that feeling.

Right now I'm in the phase of not wanting to buy another thing that isn't consumable. I'm willing to keep eating, but I'm not so fond of collecting a lot more stuff. We'll see how long it lasts. But I'm definitely motivated to head back down there, throw away a lot more, and organize what I don't throw away. It's tough exercise, but that weight loss sure feels good!!!

No comments: