Sunday, October 7, 2007

Sisters and Friends

So, in my last post I referred to my week of partying with friends and family. This is a shot from the nice luncheon I had with my sisters. I thought it was so telling of our personalities and our subsequent roles within the family. We met at Colleen's house with me, Colleen and her daughters Heather and Jessica, Cathy and her daughter Romney, and of course, Andy. Colleen had fixed a delicious meal - something she's entirely capable of doing, but just doesn't have time to do often. She's still the oldest sister whose role it is to make sure we're fed. Each place at the table had been adorned with not only the nice place settings Colleen made, but also a bag of treats and a Halloween candle, compliments of Cathy. She's so good about making everything look good, and she always does that little extra something to make it special. Me -- well, I brought my spider rifle to share with the gang. I guess I bring the out-of-the-box twist!

We had a nice meal and enjoyed one another's company. I'm so glad we all live close to each other so we can share these moments. I'm glad I have sisters. I'm glad I have nieces who are old enough now to just be my friends. I think they're great. Thanks for everything. I love you all very much.

The rest of the week I had lunches with varying groups of friends. I am surrounded by amazing, marvelous, accomplished, interesting, loving, kind women whose lives I try to emulate in so many ways. My friends were kind, generous, funny, and encouraging throughout the week. Whenever I hear of people who feel alone in the world, I say a prayer of gratitude for the friends who surround me. All it takes is a little interest, a little time, and a little willingness to share. They enhance my life and make me better. I thank you women. I hope in some small way, I'm enhancing your life as well. If nothing else, I'm a good resource for where to find a good spider rifle!!

2 comments:

ColleenDown said...

I was just relieved to see that the picture didn't make any of us look fat. Maybe because we hadn't eaten yet. Good thing I made a "big" pot of soup. I think that was the last time I cooked. But oh, how I love the blogging world!

Gary Hatch said...

OK, so I'm using Gary's account, but it's really me, AnneMarie. I count myself lucky to have you as my friend--one who has taught me to look at the glass half-full more often. Thanks for your friendship!