Wednesday, January 23, 2008

History Fair Liberation Day

It came! Today is the day Daniel handed in his history fair project at school. As many of you know, the last couple of months have been a bit draining on our family as we all worked to help Daniel through this project. He had to choose a topic that fit with the theme "Conflict and Compromise" in history. Then he had to find 25 resources (that's a lot, I might add), research those resources, and prepare a project. The project could be a research paper, a display board, a documentary, a dramatic presentation, or even a website. Daniel chose to follow in his father's footsteps and do a website. The act of reading material and writing down on a card what he'd read was torturous, but once he got to the website part where he got to be creative and just tell in his own words what he'd learned, he really flew.

I'd like to use this blog like an Oscar speech to express me gratitude to all of you who helped so much. Thanks to the Hatches for letting us use the privilege of their friendship to check out books from BYU -- that was invaluable! Thanks to Heather Willoughby for living in Korea and knowing a lot about Korean history. Thanks to my sisters especially for listening to me whine. Thanks to Dale for finishing the last 12 hours of work, when Daniel and I had hit our limit of togetherness. Thanks to Daniel for hanging in there and for making me smile with the way he writes.

And so, in case you want to learn a little something you probably didn't know before now (it's still not Medieval Persian Poetry, but it is fascinating Asian history), feel free to check out his site. www.myongnyangmarvel.googlepages.com

And feel free to use History Fair Liberation Day as a reason to celebrate with us!!!

2 comments:

cathy g said...

Great report and project! Way to go Wilde family. Great writing, Daniel. I don't think I could pass 7th grade again!

Romney said...

Way to go! I am very impressed! I agree with my mom...I don't think I could pass 7th grade again! Great project! The best is that it's done huh?