Friday, January 25, 2008

Fried Carrot Cake

This is Dale. I hijacked Cheryl's blog to say that I bet you didn't have fried carrot cake for breakfast this morning. I think this is why we did:

Cheryl has put the kibosh on new food purchases until we use up some stuff that has been long lurking in our kitchen. This morning she targeted the unfrosted carrot cake in the freezer. And since carrot cake, that has been frozen then thawed, is kind of gucky on the outside she came up with the idea of frying it to not only dry the outside a little, but to also make it warm. She chopped it into chunks too. That made it seem more breakfasty - like scrambled eggs. The finishing touch was the bright, pink buttercream frosting that we spread once the cake came out of the pan. Isn't Cheryl great?

What did your family have for breakfast?

4 comments:

Heather said...

Funny you should ask, leftover carrot cake too. though I didn't think to fry it. Don't you think frying it though cancels out all those healthy carrots?

ColleenDown said...

don't go overboard on the leftovers Cheryl. Don't you remember having to eat the whole loaf of heels of the bread before Mom and Lucky would buy more bread!

cathy g said...

I agree with Colleen...I remember eating spaghetti everyday for like a week! On the other hand, what child can complain about cake for breakfast..."Let them eat cake!" Marie Antoinette would be proud!

cathy g said...

PS Dale, I am impressed. I wouldn't know how to hijack a blog!