Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Poetry

So recently, my cute niece Heather Sullivan wrote on her blog about some Medieval Persian Poetry she'd been reading and wrote of how it inspired her. At our house, we have a library book titled "Tap Dancing on the Roof" which is a collection of fun poems written in the style of Sijo or Korean poetry. I read this one and it made me smile. Heather it's not that deep, but it's still poetry!

Summer Storm

Lightning jerks the sky awake to take her photograph, flash!!
Which draws grumbling complaints or even crashing tantrums from thunder--
He hates having his picture taken, so he always gets there late.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Art imitating life. It reminds me of the first time I took Drew to get his picture taken.

Cheryl said...

I'm so glad my poetry selection could inspire you like you so often inspire me!! (Oh, and by the way, I quite enjoyed your Persian selection as well. I thought it was beautifully expressed.)