Wednesday, February 6, 2008

I love cross country!

So, two years ago I went cross country skiing for the first time along with my sisters and our good friend Susanna. I loved it! After only one other time, we had not been back until this year. Again, my sisters, Susanna, and I set out. I loved as much this time. We did the "most difficult" course at Soldier Hollow (an Olympic venue I might add) and we rocked!! I'm so glad I have awesome sisters and friends that will do these things with me. I love the exercise and being outside in the middle of the winter. Even when it's really cold, I work hard enough to stay warm -- that's saying a lot for me! It was in the teens in these pictures! I was very successful at not falling down until just after this second picture was snapped. Susanna said, "Be sexy!" and suggested we lift up one foot. I did and I promptly fell. That's all I needed was one more reminder that I don't do sexy very well!



Since that day was so fun, Dale and I decided to take our kids last weekend. I think it's good that I have no plans to take them downhill skiing. Daniel's like me, and we avoid speed and lack of control. Cheyenne thrives on speed and shuns all sense of control. None of those combinations are conducive to a safe downhill journey! We had some tears and some little fits, but in the end they did the cross country and they were even smiling. I'll count it as another great family outing (and hopefully go again without my children) in the very near future.

No comments: