Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Fortunately...

Fortunately, I recently had the chance to head somewhere fun with some family. We were riding in two vans, some in mine, some in another. Unfortunately, the other driver ran out of diapers for her young son. Fortunately, we weren’t far from her house so we followed her there. Unfortunately, my van made a wrong turn and we had to turn around and then go to the house. Fortunately, when we got there, she was still in the house getting the diapers so we thought we’d just park and wait for her. Unfortunately, when she got out she’d left her door open so we couldn’t pull up next to her. Fortunately, there was still plenty of room at the end of the left side of the driveway as she was on the right side. And so we parked. Unfortunately, her van decided to slip out of gear and begin rolling backward. Fortunately, my passengers and I were in the van to see what happened, so there’d never be a question. Unfortunately, what we saw was the door hit my bumper and every other panel along the right side of the van. Fortunately, my van stopped her van from rolling into the street potentially harming someone in the street or her baby in the back seat. Unfortunately, such a stop did create damage to both vehicles. Fortunately, we both have good insurance which responded quickly. Unfortunately, it meant someone having to drive a van to the shop with the door sticking out to the side. Fortunately, I’m sure that provided a good laugh for the other people they passed on the street. Unfortunately, it still costs money, even if you make people laugh. Fortunately, long ago my sister Colleen taught me that “If you’re going to laugh about it years from now, you might as well laugh now!”

1 comment:

Heather said...

I am almost seeing the humor in it. Maybe when I get my car back:)