Sunday, July 6, 2008

Sometimes life is too busy to blog

For the past 2-3 weeks, I've been thinking in "blog terms." That is, every day things happen and I think to myself, "This is how I'll write about this on my blog." Well, by the time I finish my day and fall into bed, the blogging just doesn't always happen. And so I find myself needing to enter some brief little entries just to show my life hasn't stopped, just my writing about it. Bear with me and maybe my life will slow again to a bloggable pace.

June 21, 2008 - We attended a fun Western Show and Dinner at Showtime Utah in Pleasant Grove. It was a fun dutch oven dinner highlighted by a performance by a western band. And lest you be turned off by "western" band, I'll say they augmented the western music with everything from "Summertime" to Queen's "Bohemian Rhapsody." Cheyenne and her pink cowgirl boots loved it!


June 26, 2008 - We celebrated Zebra's 27th birthday! Cheyenne informed us days before that Zebra was turning 27 (in zebra years) and we needed to celebrate. First, Cheyenne and I took Zebra for a pool party in the afternoon. I haven't been to a public pool in a long time thanks to loving sisters with pools. (I love my sisters more now. I love them a lot. It frightens me that I know the word "cryptosporidium.") Anyway, Zebra sat in the pool bag and watched us play in the pool. When we came home, her other friends and Dale joined us for cake and ice cream. Cheyenne tells me that Kitty's birthday was on the 28th, but it got trumped by a wedding!


June 28, 2008 - My sweet mother-in-law married again. My father-in-law passed away seven years ago, and now she has married a kind widower from the local community where she lives. We like him a lot and we're so happy they have found companionship in each other. Cheyenne just loves that she has someone else to call Grandpa 'cause she loves grandpas! The wedding and reception were in her backyard, and it was beautiful. I just learned that her new husband eloped (though his parents knew) for his first marriage, so this was a fun thing for him to have a full-blown wedding. He got to feed his wife cake with people watching! I feel a little like I married off my daughter as we went through the whole process with invitations, sprucing up the yard, making the cake, serving the food, etc. It was all so beautiful. I send loads of thanks to everyone who helped - my family was awesome! And I share a couple of pictures to capture the moment.


June 30, 2008 - I do Scout Camp laundry. Daniel returned home from six days at Scout Camp just a couple of hours before the wedding. My nephews picked him up and brought him to the wedding while his clothes fermented a little longer at home. Two days later, I was back home and ready to do laundry. For any of you who've never sent a boy to camp, it's hard to describe the level of dirt. Even the pictures I took of his clothes didn't quite capture the moment, so I took this picture of the wash water while I washed his "white" clothes. They were white when they left -- and after three times through the wash water looking like this picture, they were mostly white when they came out. I consider it a sign of the level of good time that he had. My favorite, though, was his really dirty pajama shirt. It was almost as dirty as his scout shirt. I want to know what was going on in that sleeping bag at night, but then again, I don't!

3 comments:

ColleenDown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather said...

I read the scout laundry post with trepidation. I think I have a lot of scout laundry ahead of me, in addition to cabin laundry, which is pretty foreboding as well.

That last comment was me signed in as my mom. Oops.

ColleenDown said...

white weddings, white laundry, black and white zebras. There must be some symbolic meaning it all!

(thats ok Heather- you can make comments for me if you want)