Wednesday, July 23, 2008

There's a roller coaster near our house!

And bumper boats, and flying airplanes, and go carts, etc. etc. Liberty Land in Lehi, Utah, recently opened its gates. This has been a much-anticipated time for our family. For months, the kids have watched as a miniature Mt. Rushmore has risen on a fake mountain alongside the interstate. Going through the mountain you could see roller coaster rails. Well, it opened, and we checked it out. There weren't very many people there, so we had a lot of area to ourselves, and Cheyenne took full advantage of it. Nothing makes her grin from ear to ear more than high speed. I couldn't capture her face on the coaster, but I got a good look here and it still communicates her sentiments. Overall, I'd say it was okay. They still have lots of it under construction, and it's generally geared toward the "under 12" crowd, but I can guarantee you we'll be back -- if only to ride the coaster again, and again, and again, and again........

Editor Note: I've tried for two days to post this and add a picture. Blogger must be having issues. Enjoy the note now and I'll try again later with the pictures.

3 comments:

Noreen & Allen said...

If it's speed she loves then I'm sure she will enjoy boating and water skiing. As soon as we get the boat up and running we'll take you guys out.

-Noreen

Watch for deer.

jessica&john.com said...

Fun! It reminds me of Saratoga. That old place by Utah Lake with the rickety old pink roller coaster and miniature golf. I miss that place! You're such a good mom. Your kids aren't going to waste their childhood away on video games and cable.

Dale said...

Amen on Cheryl being "such a good mom".