Monday, May 4, 2009

My Favorite Horror Film

So, I've been away from the blogging world for a bit because I've been consumed with school projects! I'll be really happy when today is over. In the last week we've been working on several major projects. I want to display them here on my blog because I'm proud of their work, and because I want to preserve them for posterity.

Today's display is Daniel's math film. The assignment from his Geometry teacher was to make an entertaining video that simultaneously teaches a math concept from their book. Daniel's first idea was a horror flick. I found the finished product pretty entertaining. We had a five minute version done when he re-read the instructions saying it could not exceed 3 minutes! Arghh! So, the final version he turned in was heavily edited and the instructional pieces were sped up which also made his voice really high. It was funny, but this extended version was overall more fun. This is about 5 minutes, so pop some popcorn and enjoy!!


9 comments:

ColleenDown said...

I give it two thumbs up--way up. Way up for scary, way up for editing, way up for plot. And Brad you had better move over because Daniel is moving in.

Heather said...

That was intense! I can't wait to see the TV spin-off.

Timmy G. said...

Wow! I don't think I could ever be that creative. and also I can connect with the young kid...those problems still scare me...arc lengths are not fun...way to go Daniel!

Darcee said...

Although I didn't enjoy the movie with popcorn, it was still AWESOME! I just envision you guys having constant entertainment at your house. Very fun stuff!

Laura said...

LOVED it.

Romney said...

I am SO impressed! Way to go! You did a great job Daniel! You're way more creative than I am!

cathyg said...

I have watched the movie several times...I don't usually watch a movie more than 2x at the most! And, I have referred people to the movie! It is awesome! I can see that Adam and Daniel can create some pretty awesome movies together. Maybe sometimes Daniel can also be in charge of special effects, even beyond dust on the notebook, and use some of his wicked pyro skills! Great movie, Daniel, great job of chronicalling (is that a word?) for posterity, Cheryl! Isn't blogging awesome...we could all see Daniel's movie in a matter of minutes instead of having to schedule a time to get together! Will there ever be a time when we can get a movie AND a loaf of bread???

jessica&john.com said...

OMG! That was awesome. It totally brought me back to my math days and all the horror it entailed. I am so glad the scary doll had a cameo too. All in all, I would give it two thumbs way up!

Pattie said...

When my kids have to do these types of projects they will definitely not be this awesome. I love how his breakfast consisted of bites of cereal.