Thursday, February 18, 2010

The Family Historian

I read my friend's blog today in which she expressed a debate about whether or not she should include something in her blog. She said that ultimately the family historian in her won out, and she decided to include it. There are no similarities in our stories, but I liked the sentiment. The family historian in me decided I should share.

My entrepreneurial son has continued to operate his Saturdough business, though he does it just once a month during the school year. This week he decided to offer a half wheat/half white sandwich bread. He independently sent out an email out and set up his website. Hours later, I read it. It was quintessential Daniel, if not entirely politically correct. But it made me laugh. I'm glad I have Daniel to make me laugh. And so, for posterity's sake, here's his description of this week's bread. I hope it makes you laugh.

Half-rican American (Integrated) Sandwich Bread.

After a civil war which left the counter barren and covered in dust, and after Martin Luther Yeast Jr. made his historic speech, the white flour and the wheat flour have decided to join together in this loaf of sandwich bread. Just for you. Don't you feel special now?

6 comments:

ColleenDown said...

It is even funnier the second time around. I don't think we have to be PC in everything. Don't we still use Aunt Jemima syrup on our pancakes!

cathyg said...

It would appear than I am no longer on the bread email as I didn't see this until I read your blog...please have Daniel add me back so I don't miss the bread or the fun! That is very funny and I think Adam should call Daniel when he needs help with good writing!

AnneMarie said...

OK, my Saturdough email wasn't that interesting. Did he send out two different ones? Daniel stories always make me laugh--keep telling me them!

jessica&john.com said...

Hilarious! I want to be added to the email too. And, I want some of that bread. We could use a little "diversity" in our sandwiches.
P.S. I just remembered I need to send you your check for skiing. We will get it in the mail today.

Heather said...

That bread sounds a little to diverse for us Heberites, but I wish we could get some up here.

So appropriate for black history month--sorta.

2 princesses & 2 knights said...

Hay! When do I get to join Daniel's Saturdough email?! I want some yummy home made bread!