Wednesday, February 3, 2010

This is my life...

A snapshot in time of my last 48 hours:

  • Prepared breakfast, lunch, and dinner for family
  • Joined my sister-in-law to hear Leigh Ann Tuohy give a speech at UVU (She's the mother portrayed in the movie The Blind Side after she took in a homeless youth who became an NFL star.)
  • Hit a cardboard form tube of roughly 24" x 36" doing 70 mph on the interstate - very frightening
  • Tutored math from 4th grade skills to Algebra II
  • Attended horseback riding lessons
  • Read a book club book
  • Emailed back and forth with water users in rural Utah
  • Planned details of a wedding cake I'm doing in 3 weeks
  • Did a standing long jump with 9 year old Cub Scouts
  • Planned a fun ski day with my sisters and nieces
  • Took some ice cream to a friend for her birthday, but was met in the driveway by her husband with a gun - he was searching for a possible intruder
There were lots of other small things to fill in the gaps, but I do love the diversity of my life......

7 comments:

ColleenDown said...

You post early--you post late--do you ever sleep? This is my day--Pull on Sweat Pants, find blanket, find book, read-eat chocolate-pull covers over head-go to sleep. Get up pull on sweat pants....

Cheryl said...

For the benefit of anyone else reading this, I just want to go on record to say that you can't have as many children as Colleen has and do nothing but put on sweats and eat chocolate. That's not to mention the major studying she's doing for her Master's degree. Don't let her fool you!

Heather said...

Diversity is right. I don't know too many people who have planned a wedding cake and gotten held up with a gun on the same day.

Laura said...

Isn't life so exciting? And I think you are a saint for still being in cub scouts. I'm excited to hear more about your wedding cake. . . I hope you post pictures. Your cake skills are quite impressive.

cathyg said...

I can relate to almost all your activities at some level except "emailing rural water users" and "meeting a man with a handgun" but having seen you today I now understand that story! Thanks for taking me on an (as Adam would say...)EPIC ski trip! You rock! I think I will recover before our next trip!! :)

Darcee said...

Nice little record. . . maybe I should do it too so in a few years I can see progress in my day's diversity . . . right now I'm feeling that my last 2592 hours were spent answering Tessa needs and cleaning up spills! (I know there's more, but that is what it is feeling like these days!)

And I do happen to know that in those 48 hours you also attended a VERY long court of honor and parent meeting!

Suzanne said...

You will be glad forever to have listed that one diverse day -- I know it represents a whole lot of them!

I want to see the finished cake, too!