Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Another Informative Week

Oh, how I love weeks in which I learn new things! It happens most weeks, but sometimes it's more fun than others to record what I learned.

1. Snowboarding is not a sport I should take up at this advanced stage of my life.



2. If you feed ants Cream of Wheat cereal, they will eat it, go back to their hill, and then they'll blow up! (This came first from one of Daniel's classmates and was 'confirmed' by several internet users so I'm sure it's true.)


3. There is no bureaucracy quite like the Federal Government. Common sense is not allowed within government entities.


4. Even if the weather outside looks like this:


It is still really smart to wear sunscreen. (This picture doesn't really do it justice, you can get the idea if you look at my hairline!)


5. Chuck Norris turned 70 years old today!! Does he look 70 to you??? He doesn't to me. And who knew he could be the source of so many jokes!

5 comments:

Darcee said...

We've used cream of wheat on ants for years. It doesn't rid you of ants very quickly (it takes a while to kill off the whole nest), but I've found cream of wheat works longer term than sprays. Every spring we get some and the years I've been patient and used cream of wheat, we have less of a problem through out the summer than if I use a spray. I just leave a little pile outside of their hole at night and by morning it's usually disappeared then with in a few weeks we are ant free for the season. Whereas when I use sprays, I'm spraying all season. I'm not an expert, but that has been my experience.

jessica&john.com said...

Too bad you're not more like Chuck Norris... He doesn't need Sunscreen ... The sun needs it from him:)
I wouldn't worry about not being able to snowboard..since you kicked all of our trash on the ski hill yesterday:)
I am excited to go road tripin w/ you.

ColleenDown said...

Oh my gosh!!! And I thought Katelyn looked bad this morning. Who could have known that sun would have done this, because I do not personally remember ever seeing the sun yesterday.

I always have ant problems-I will certainly give this a try=sounds a little cruel though. I know that bloated feeling(perhaps too many cookies, cakes and chips yesterday)

Heather said...

Ouch! For all the things I forgot yesterday, I did remember my sunscreen. Wish I had shared.

cathyg said...

You win on the sunburn...mine wasn't that bad. Thanks for the look at what you learned this week! I learned it takes alot of white paint to cover dark green paint!