Thursday, March 18, 2010

Completely Plagiarized Blog

Earlier this week, I got to go on a road trip with my cute niece Jessica to visit my mom in southern Utah as well as do a little business. As is common, I forgot my camera. That was sad 'cause she brought along one very, very cute baby! And, I did a rare craft project then had no way to show it off. Fortunately, Jessica had hers. When she posted her cute blog entry, there was no question about whether or not I should just cut and paste it. Hope you don't mind, Jessica! (Besides, isn't copying a form of flattery???)

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

A trip to see G & G Witzke....

\
This week, James, and I ventured down to Southern Utah to visit his great grandparents in their new Casa.
We went on a little shopping spree for a few decorating odds and ends. James probably thinks his second home is the Home Depot. He has spent more time there than in his nursery:) We took a little Applebee's break to get refueled before we braved the feisty crafters at Robert's.

We decided to do a little DIY project for a blank wall in her sewing room. This was the inspiration for our artwork.

We applied scrapbook paper (.60 cents) to craft board ($4 each) with a little Mod Podge.
Cost: about $20.00!

Voila, the finished product.
(P.S. Thanks for teaching me to Mod Podge Aunt Cheryl..you have fulfilled a dream of mine;)

James decked out in a teddy bear ensemble my grandparents gave him.
It was so good to see you Grandma and Grandpa Witzke, we love your new pad! Love you lots!
XOXO,
Jessica and James.

6 comments:

cathyg said...

A successful road trip! Yahoo! Looks like fun! Can't wait to see the results! Maybe we need to through in some crafting projects into our "Derby Girls" Activity days!

jessica&john.com said...

Awwwe!!!! I am so flattered! I don't think I've ever been plagiarized before!
I failed to mention in my post that you pretty much did the whole thing. I just watched and learned!
Thanks for the fun trip. And, don't worry about talking too much in the car! I always learn so much from your wisdom. Maybe we can talk more about it crafting with the Derby gals. Because who doesn't love a little philosophing with mod podge in hand?:)

Unknown said...

Cheryl I am going to steel this idea, I hope you don't care, I love it and LOVE to decorate thrifty! Cute pics even if you didn't take them hee hee

ColleenDown said...

Who knew you could lift a whole blog and then mod podge it. Oh the mod podge days, now that brings back the Holly Hobby memories!. Sounds like a good trip.

Cheryl said...

Colleen, I'm laughing right now 'cause the whole time I was doing the boards, I was talking about those plaques and removing the back of the paper! Fun memories!

Suzanne said...

I love your craft project! It turned out fantastic. Do you have great ideas for how to modge podge w/o making yucky wrinkles?