Saturday, November 17, 2007

Meet the new Wildelife...


Well, we did it. We finally succumbed to the pressure of our offspring to bring a little more "Wildelife" to our fold. Thanks to KSL classifieds (my new favorite site, I might add), we now have a new member of our family. Meet Jackson. Much like Cheyenne, he came to our family with a name already. That's okay, though, 'cause it's still a city in Wyoming, so that works, and it prevented us from going with the obvious choice of Adolf - based solely on appearances!

He's about a year and a half old and came from another family's loving home. Alas, that does not mean he has shed his "kitten" ways of jumping where he shouldn't and peeing where he shouldn't, but we are further ahead than with a brand new one. After years of having very old cats, though, we'd forgotten how frisky and playful the younger ones are! He's been a lot of fun.

For whatever reason, I have received the honor of being the favorite family member. In the accompanying picture, he had joined me around the neck for a little one-on-one time! No one else was home, but I managed to get a fairly decent photo of myself anyway! He stayed there on my neck for 20 minutes or so, even when I moved around. I clearly am the chosen one!

2 comments:

Maria said...

Our whole family laughed out loud after seeing the picture and the potential name of Adolf. While Bridger was looking at the picture he said, "Merea" like he does all in one syllable. He thought it was me holding the cat--that made me laugh too.

Heather said...

Heil Jackson!