Saturday, November 17, 2007

My baby was baptized


Having your children baptized at the age of 8 can certainly be viewed as a rite of passage. When it's your baby that's making that passage, it's a little hard to take! It's even more surprising when I realize that when Cathy's twins are baptized at the beginning of December, that means all the grandchildren on Mom's side are that old. Wow.

Anyway, Cheyenne looked as beautiful as ever. She is and always has been a little light that was sent to our family, but that spreads her light everywhere she goes. She is a joy. Her baptism was a special service just for her. It was a small gathering of our family and a few friends to wish her well and share the moment. For Daniel, it was a chance to spread his wings and play the piano to accompany people singing - he'd never done that before. I couldn't have been prouder of them both.

It made me feel such gratitude for so many things. Thanks to my family for being so loving and supportive, especially to my kids. Thanks to those who made it possible for us to have Cheyenne to begin with - what a blessing! Thanks to Heavenly Father for helping me see that He and Jesus Christ love us and want us to be happy. I hope I'll always be able to act like someone who knows that!

1 comment:

kelison said...

I am so sad to have missed this. Truly, my life needs to slow down. She is a treasure!