Sunday, November 18, 2007

My nonconformist recital performer


For anyone who may not know, there is a law decreed that says if you are a piano student who is performing in a recital, you are to make all efforts possible to not make any eye contact with the audience. You should look at your feet on the way up, look at your hands or the piano while performing, regain focus on your feet as you bow, then remain that way as you return to your seat. Cheyenne didn't get the memo. The adoration of her fans was enough to make her break all the rules. This video doesn't completely capture the cute nuances of her grin spreading across her face, but it was really fun. It was a highlight! Enjoy!!

Oh, and Daniel did play at this recital as well. He played a jazzy duet of Jingle Bells, then he played the Billy Joel song "Root Beer Rag." The song is almost 5 minutes long, so we won't be downloading that video, but he will gladly play it for you in person should you so desire! He looked at his feet.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Cheyenne, you are awesome. We missed your talent and your sweet self at the Thanksgiving Talent Show!

kelison said...

I missed the baptism and the harvestfest but I'm so glad I saw this performance! I will never forget her face. Daniel's amazing rag and Cheyenne's sweet face were the highlights of the evening.

Unknown said...

Nice blog... cute black and white cat...=)
God bless you

jessica&john.com said...

I played the same song at my first piano recital. I think that is the only song I can still play. Cheyenne looks like an American Doll in her dress. I love your blog! You have such a positive outlook. You make me excited to be a mom.