Friday, January 9, 2009

Some feelings about winter --- in Utah....

The moment I got stuck going up the hill while driving carpool:
Embarrassed - Nervous - Frustrated - Panicked - Grateful (for the boys in the carpool who pushed me)

The time I've spent shoveling my driveway for the umpteenth time in the last two weeks:
Tired - Healthy - Sore - Irritated (that it snowed again!)

The 30 minutes we spent digging out my friend who got stuck in an ice rut in our culdesac and got high-centered:
Mad (at the city for not plowing) - Relieved (that I wasn't the only one who got stuck) - Wet - Grateful (that Dale was working from home that day) - Strong - Hardworking

The day I spent in the mountains cross-country skiing with my sisters and some of Cathy's friends:
Astonished (at the beauty so near us) - Thrilled ('cause such access was free!) - Grateful (that Dale bought me good skis and boots) - Hot (a reference to my sweating, not how the ski pants looked on me!) - Rejuvenated - Strong - Healthy - Fulfilled - Excited (to meet new friends and go new places) - Awestruck - Happy - Satisfied




The moment I could not stop, despite standing on my brakes, while I slid through an intersection with a large van barreling directly toward me:
Terrified (like I've never been terrified) - Out of control - Scared - Worried (for Cheyenne in the back seat) - Prayerful

The moment I came to a stop two lanes over while I watched the van narrowly swerve around me
Grateful (like I've never been grateful) - Thankful (that the van driver was alert and not on a cell phone) - Grateful (for answered prayers) - Shaking - Anxious - Slow - Grateful

5 comments:

jessica&john.com said...

I am glad you got to go skiing. It helps to make all the crazy winter driving not so horrible. Next time take me!

cathyg said...

The van incident must have happened after the skiing because you never told me about it! I'm glad you are safe! The skiing was awesome and I am looking forward to this Thursday!

Laura said...

I'm done with the snow, too. Maybe if they plowed our roads it wouldn't be so bad. Your stories sounded a little more intense than my "stuck" on the side of the road experience. I'm glad you're safe though!

ColleenDown said...

Now that we have seen Bodyworlds I can picture every muscle that is screaming at me after the ski trip. It was so worth it though. Hope to go again this week.

Pattie said...

I am totally with you on all of this! What beauty it brings, but boy, am I tired of complaining about all the bad already...and the feeling of no control while driving....and the fact that our streets are sheer ice and there has been no new snow in nearly two weeks....and....it goes on and on.