Wednesday, November 18, 2009

I Won the Lottery!!!

Okay, so it was the Wicked Lottery, but I won! Actually, we won. My good friend Heather Willoughby recently treated me to a great weekend getaway in San Francisco. She was going to be in the US (she lives in Korea) for a few days, so she invited me to join her to party for a couple of days in San Fran. We had a most perfect day with perfect weather, good food, and tickets to Wicked.

Neither of us had seen it, so we decided to enter the lottery. Fortunately, there were only about 25-30 people who tried that night, so our odds were good. I took this picture outside the theater before the drawing so I could blog that I either saw the Wicked theater or that I saw Wicked. We spent $25 a piece for tickets and ended up with great seats. It was a great show.

So, with the tickets, we got buttons that said "I won the Wicked lottery!" I put mine on to take the picture below, but then I forgot it was on. I managed to parade around some questionable areas of town for an hour or so while wearing my groovy button! It's a wonder we weren't mugged multiple times!
And as an extra bonus prize, we walked into the theater and ran into our good friends Buff and Dean from Salt Lake. We had no idea they were planning to be in the city or at the play. What are the chances we'd meet up in a city that size?? The lottery win for us in that scenario is that Buff had a rental car, and Dean was in meetings all day the next day. She ended up driving us all around town as the rain came pouring down. Another great prize! Among the sites we enjoyed was the beautiful Japanese Tea Garden at Golden Gate Park. Even in the pouring rain it was as beautiful and peaceful as I remember it from years ago. Thanks to all those who care for and groom such an awesome place.


Overall I thoroughly enjoyed my little break from reality. Heather, thanks for a great time! Buff, thanks for the ride! San Francisco, thanks for the great weather and yummy cupcake treats! And Glinda and Elphaba, thanks for an entertaining, thought-provoking romp!

6 comments:

J Shepherd Family said...

Congratulations on winning the lottery! You are just one lucky girl!

Dave said...

So was it better than watching Max Hall defeat Oklahoma?

jessica&john.com said...

That is so funny. When John and I went to Chicago we did the same thing and won the Lotto! We had front row seats and it was AMAZING! We could almost reach up and touch the cast members.
I am glad you had a good time. You deserve it!

ColleenDown said...

I need to start playing the lottery obviously. Good Luck seems to be running in the family. Glad you had fun.

Laura said...

What a wondeful getaway for you! I think your next trip should be down to sunny AZ. I miss you guys!

Heather said...

I always tell people about my lucky Aunt who always wins stuff like trips to Disneyland, the Grammy's, etc. Now I'll add this to the list.