Sunday, November 1, 2009

Wow! That alien planet was powerful, but food brought me back!

I have no excuse for not blogging, but I'm trying to come back. You all know me well enough to know that creative food would be one thing that could bring me back from the edge. October always gives me a chance to do creative food with Cheyenne's birthday and Halloween within a week and a half of each other. So, let me share.

"This is the night, such a beautiful night, a lovely bella notte!" In case your memory is failing you right now, that's the song that was played as Lady and the Tramp ate spaghetti at Tony's in the alleyway. Cheyenne really wanted to have a Lady and the Tramp birthday party where she could "eat spaghetti with my mouth" like the dogs did. So, we did! I had 9 cute little girls around a table with their faces in their plates eating spaghetti with meatballs and sauce, and breadsticks. They did really well. After a few games related to the Siamese cats and the rat, they came back to the "restaurant" for spaghetti and meatballs cake. It was a lovely bella notte! And my baby is now 10! Wow.

(In case you are wondering what you're looking at, that picture really is all cake and frosting. Makes you want to twirl some around a fork, though, doesn't it?)

Her birthday is always followed by the Halloween rush. That always means a night of fun food. This year we had a witch theme. We had the witches, the corns from their feet (appearing as candy corn pizza), the witch's cat, and some witch's brew. Thanks to Family Fun for the good ideas. I don't have pictures, but another day we enjoyed french fries in the shape of skeleton and a foamy root beer float in a skeleton cup which makes a great "brain freeze!"


Now we'll just have to see what creative foods make an appearance in November! Stay tuned!!

4 comments:

Heather said...

It all looks...well I don't know if there is one adjective to cover spaghetti cake and witches foot problems. Glad you are back to blogging.

Darcee said...

Amazing cake. I have no clue as to how one makes cake look like spaghetti and meatballs, but you definitely did. All I can say is wow. How do you dare eat such an amazing creation?

I subscribe to a fun food blog you might like too. I'm never brave (or patient maybe) enough to try the things she does, but they sure look fun. Perhaps someday I'll try her fruit chandelier. http://www.gourmetmomonthego.com/

Samson said...

How fun, you guys are inspiring creatives. Love you.

cathyg said...

We had the same "cat crudite" at our witches tea! Your's was bigger though. I made mine fit on a board! Loved the costumes, that was a fun party at the Sullivan's! Glad to read your blog again!