Sunday, December 25, 2011

March Madness

When I reviewed my pictures from March, I discovered that it was truly a month of fun activities with my kids.  I have lots of pictures to share to capture the essence of the diversity of things we did.  Someday, one of my cute nieces will take me under her wing and will hold my hand until I can really learn how to do photo collages and such on my blog.  Until then, you're stuck with a series of simple pictures in the middle of the page with a little descriptive text to liven them up.  Enjoy a little trip through a typical Spring month at our house.

First, a little hair straightening and the color purple.  When I blogged about this in March, I expected the color to stay in my hair for about six to eight weeks (according to the hairdresser who did it).  In reality, it lasted 8 months before I finally had to cut it out!!!  I loved it, I might add.  It continued to make me happy every time I looked at it in the mirror.  A pretty cheap mid-life splurge if you ask me.


Experimenting again -- with garbage bags and a vacuum.  (See the post from March for more details.)
 With my mom in tow, we had a little adventure in Vernon, Utah.  Fun trip and great burgers at the little cafe in Vernon.  Yum!
 While Mom was still here, she joined us for a Derby Girls green lunch for St. Patty's day.  Green soup, green salad, rolls with yummy green spices, cookies frosted green.  I love that those girls can cook! And loved that Mom was there to join us.


Piano recital time!  They both are getting so good.


So the piano recital was our more refined side.  Launching model rockets and chasing them brings out a whole different set of talents.


And, for our artistic side, how about a little glass blowing to make flowers.  So fun and the end results are displayed at home.  I love original art!

 Congratulations to my nephew Tim on receiving his Eagle Scout award.  I should have only a couple more of these cakes to whip out for nephews.  Oh, and wouldn't it be nice to do one someday for Daniel???

Speaking of Daniel, I will never quite get how he studies like this!
 And it appears that she studies like this!  Just another day at our house doing an experiment.

And finally, a shot of the 5th grade music program - the precursor to the big Hope of America concert with thousands of other fifth graders.  She loved it, and I loved how she was right there with every other fifth grader singing her little heart out!

No comments: