Tuesday, December 27, 2011

May Day, May Day, May Day (There were 31 of them)

May was right there on the heels of April -- funny how that works, eh?  It is always a crazy, busy month, and this one did not disappoint.  It started busy, and ended busier.  But it was a good one.

My traveling continued as we finished up our "St. George with some nieces" tour.  We had some more time on the red rocks with Daniel being his regular Pied Piper to the nephews.  And we took a quick peek at the St. George temple.  It was warm and beautiful all around.




The beginning of May also brought the Hope of America presentation.  Cheyenne and the twins were all a part of it this year.  When you look at the flag, they were obviously part of a red stripe.  Do you see them?


The beginning of the month also offered up the Women's Work Day for Habitat for Humanity.  I got to go help build a home with my good friend Syd and some of our other pals.  We hung all the sheet rock in a room.  We weren't nearly as fast as the pros, but we were sincere!
For Mother's Day, I was treated like a queen!  I enjoyed an awesome homemade breakfast and dinner.  I recognize the treat that is and that not everyone can say the same.  Thanks, Dale and kids!!

The next pictures show an annual ritual that I don't recall recording before.  The annual Spreading of the Compost!  Each year we fill our trusty 1984 Nissan pickup with a yard of beautiful compost.  We then get to unload it and spread it in the garden.  Each year, we reap the benefits!  This year, we also reaped a few pictures to prove we really do it and that we really drive a 1984 pickup!
It wouldn't be a month if there were no picture of me eating with my sisters!  This time it was lunch at my house with the women and Andy.  I'm glad he still wants to be with us!
And the cake tradition continues.  Not only did my niece Katelyn turn 16 and get a driver license cake, but so did her two cousins.  Thanks to my assistant Chelsea for making these 3 cakes possible in one day!


And the crowning touch of my May Days, was the first day that Molly came to live with us.  It seemed more than a little appropriate that Cheyenne came home from Field Days as a dog.  This picture is funny now to see Molly so unkempt and wearing bows.  The last time the groomer tried the bow thing, she yanked them out in the car on the way home!  She's so much more confident in her appearance these days!


The month concluded with a fun visit from my cousin Mike and his family.  They were great, as always, and it was nice to let someone else be the ones to be taking the trip!  





1 comment:

ColleenDown said...

I guess I never knew about compost day...the secret behind the harvest and I didn't know about the habitat for humanity day either...so many secrets you have! Keep posting and revealing your "other" life. (I still shake my head in wonder that you did THREE cakes)