Monday, September 15, 2008

A final summer adventure

I really don't like seeing summer end so I just keep having fun as long as I can! Our family went to the Olympic Park in Park City to ride the zipline and the alpine slide. I was trying to be so brave 'cause Daniel was a little nervous. I was fine till we got off the chairlift and found ourselves looking down the zipline. You sit in a chair-like harness then press your knees up against a metal door that will open when it's time to go. It's not natural - it shouldn't be natural to press yourself against any kind of wall that you know is going to open and send you flying down a cable. I was a little hesitant to get strapped up, but sweet Cheyenne looked over (with her face pressed against the door) and said, "It's okay, Mom. I've done it before!" (Do I need to remind her of the infamous Tower of Terror photo??) So, Daniel and I closed our eyes and the door opened. Surprisingly, you just headed down the cable, and it was a blast! We don't have pictures because the camera was pressed up against Dale's door and he just couldn't get to it.

After the zipline we hit the alpine slide. Cheyenne climbed in the first car. I said I wanted to go first so I could watch her come down. "Well, I want to watch you come down," she said. How do you argue with that? So, she went first and I followed at an appropriately long distance. When I did catch up with her, she had a very large black mark all down her back and leg. Apparently at some point she fell out of her car, at least enough to scrape along. She didn't want to share details but she wished she could go again -- immediately! Gotta love her! And I've gotta give Daniel all kinds of props for doing something scary and loving it!!

The rides we went on were great, but after seeing that ski jump up close, that's a whole new category of crazy! I won't be blogging about a ride on that!

I will say I recommend it all and I'm grateful for an awesome family to share it with. May summer never end!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Wilde Family! Thanks for sharing your adventurous spirit. I feel the same way about summer, thinking of all the things we could have done...guess I'll just enjoy the memories of what we did do and look forward to some fun fall activities! We started last night by eating carmel apples, good way to start!

Heather said...

Love the Tower of Terror picture. I also love Cheyenne's never say die attitude.

kelison said...

I should NOT have looked at that picture right before I went to bed last night. I had dreams about it. I almost went on that thing last summer but after seeing the Wild(e) reaction, I'm not sure I'll ever be on the Tower let alone the slide or any ski lift of any kind. You truly were born to be Wild(e)!