Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Treasure in the basement

My friends Brooke and Margot came today to can peaches. Before starting, I tried to clear off the counter in the lab downstairs. It was covered with Daniel's project stuff. Among his things, I found a 4x6 index card folded in half. On the front were written the words "The All-Knowing Index Card." That alone made me laugh, but Margot was quick to point out that there were more words on the back. They were as follows:

How to Use the All-Knowing Index Card
1. Ask question.
2. Hit self in forehead.
3. Say "Dooby-Dooby-do" twice.
4. Count to four.
5. Open the All-Knowing Index card.

When you open the card, it's blank. Perhaps if you've done the other steps, something magical happens when you open it. I don't know for sure because I didn't follow all the steps, but I can say it was magical for me. Finding things like that remind me of the great fun it is to have Daniel for a son! He makes me smile, even when he's nowhere around. And, really, I now have an All-Knowing Index Card. How cool is that????

3 comments:

jessica&john.com said...

That is so rad. Such Genius! I want and NEED an all knowing index car. Hmm.. I think I would ask it... should I highlight my hair today or just get a trim?
Anyway, you need to follow all steps to see if it works!

Dale said...

And if it really works then hitting myself in the head and saying silly things twice will be worth the trouble. I also want to know whether Jessica should highlight or trim her hair today. Since the card is in my basement, I'll let you know.

kelison said...

I'd be on ebay this instant with those cards! That boy can make a fortune. And to think all this time I was saying bibbidy bobbidy boo after hitting my head.