Thursday, September 4, 2008

That Wilde Reunion

Let me start by saying that at some point I'll get caught up and my blog will start being in chronological order again, but for now, please just go with me.  My life isn't in order most days, so I think my blog should also reflect that disorder, right?

So, let's talk about the Wilde Family Reunion.  This is absolutely one of the highlights of the year for me.  I love the Wilde family, I love the fun things we do, I love the memories.  This year was especially great because Dale's sister Susan, her husband Neil, and their four boys were all here.  It's been three years since they moved to North Carolina, so they are not always with us.  They were all here this year which added to the fun.  

This year's reunion (August 15-16) was basically brought to us courtesy of my sister Colleen.  She was extraordinarily generous in sharing her home/pool in Draper for a morning swim followed by the sharing of her cabin for an overnight stay up in the mountains.  THANKS SO MUCH!  We partied in the pool, we visited the Olympic Park in Park City (home of 2002 Olympic events like bobsled, luge, and ski jump competitions), we hiked, we ate a lot, we did puzzles, played games, visited, and generally enjoyed each other's company.  While we took lots of pictures, I've chosen these to highlight the madness of the pool, the group
 shot to prove we were really there, and the one of LuDea
n holding the snake just because LuDean was holding a snake!  I love her!

We see each other a lot of other times of the year, but there's something special about this time.  It's become a treasured time for me to see the rest of the family, to catch up, to make new memories, and to remind me how much I love them all.  I look forward to many more to come!

2 comments:

jessica&john.com said...

Hi Aunt Cheryl, this is Andy. You are an awesome aunt. How is Annie's horse lessons? Did she win a trophy? I am going to work tomorrow and swimming lesson. It is really awesome. I like it! Good night!

The Wright Family said...

Hey Cheryl-
I have been meaning to call or send a note thanking you for another wonderful Wilde reunion. You are the best and we always have so much fun when we are with you. Thank you for your time and efforts in making this year another fun one. I also wanted you to know that I really enjoy reading your blog, maybe you should consider writing a novel?