Thursday, December 25, 2008

It's a Christmas Miracle!!

There we were enjoying our Christmas Eve when the doorbell rang. Cheyenne and I went to the door where we saw the following scene - a horse head peering out of a black garbage bag. My first thoughts turned to The Godfather, and I wondered who had it in for us. A closer inspection revealed a tag addressed to Cheyenne with no name after the From part. So, we yelled a thank you and carried in the bag. Inside was a cute, stuffed, standing horse. Cheyenne fell in love instantly. She named it Horsey until later when it was renamed to "Miracle" to honor the Christmas miracle. It will probably still be called Horsey more often, but she loves it! She put a ponytail in her hair, a blanket on its back, and scarf around its neck to keep it warm.

Since its arrival, Christmas Miracle has been no more than a couple of feet from Cheyenne's side. She is clearly a part of the family. I say "she" because Cheyenne was quick to lift its tail and confirm for all in the room that it was unmistakably a "she."

The only reason I really want to know who brought this sweet gift to her is that I'd love to share Cheyenne's joy. Pretty much, she got a best friend out of the deal. So, if the giver is reading this blog, I thank you. If a reader of this blog knows the giver, please tell them thank you. If the giver has never heard of my blog, someday in heaven, he or she will see the video review and know that they did a kind and wonderful thing. Thanks for thinking of my daughter 'cause she loves the horse, it made her feel very special to receive something special, and the surprise was a delightful moment in our Christmas!

5 comments:

ColleenDown said...

Now that is one real looking horse. I might have looked under the tail too!

jessica&john.com said...

LOL about the Godfather! What a wonderful surprise (after you saw it had a body:) I love that it was just a random secret act of kindness.

kelison said...

I love the picture with it still in the bag. That is way scary. I'd be thinking mafia too.

Whoever left it must know Cheyenne enough to know exactly how in love she would be. So sweet.

Heather said...

What a great friend Cheyenne must have!

cathyg said...

Thank you for also posting the second picture because the first one is a little disarming! That said, I love surprises, especially at Christmas! What a perfect gift for Cheyenne! Thanks for sharing!