Wednesday, December 31, 2008

A Little End of Year Backblogging

My niece taught me the term "backblog." Just as I made sure I finalized all my charitable giving, my medical expenses, etc. before December 31, I wanted to make sure I included a few more memories from this past year. This time tomorrow I will have already started making new memories for a new year. Until then, please join me for a little retrospective look at a few missed moments.

I discovered I never shared a few of my favorite summer activities. They were favorites because they involved sharing time with family. In July, I made a bit of crazy trip in which I drove to Mountain Home, Idaho with Cheyenne where we spent a couple of days with my cousin's family and my aunt. Then I left Cheyenne there while I traveled to Arizona to participate with my sisters in a memorial service for Mabel Hart, my stepmother Carol's mother. It was a great visit with lots of great bonding. Then back to Idaho to get Cheyenne where she had spent a couple of days hanging out at the county fair with the family. A good time was had by all, family bonds were strengthened, and I took a few of my favorite pictures of the summer.

Cheyenne in heaven with her best friend "Conker Spaniel" and my cousin's chocolate lab.


Colleen, Carol, Cheryl, Vickie Stoddard (Carol's best friend), and Cathy at the funeral.

A little bonding over toe rings took place during our visit to Arizona. Oh, and check out the glitter toes I have that lasted all summer long!

Back in Idaho, a little snuggle with Cheyenne and Aunt Mary.

1 comment:

cathyg said...

Love the final wrap up for the year! It is fun to keep posted on everyone's comings and goings! Here's to a great 2009 and fun things to blog about!