Saturday, June 13, 2009

A Day to Boldly Go...

This afternoon I took off with my friend Lisa to see the Star Trek movie. Our husbands took our boys within the first couple days of it opening. However, I didn't feel inclined to go then, nor did I fit in the crowd of men all with computers under their arms. So, we waited until we could just stroll in a few minutes before it started. There were things I really enjoyed, but it confirms that I'm not so into violence and major special effects. And to this day I can't see an earwig without thinking of "The Wrath of Kahn." There's no telling what this one is gonna do to me after that scene with Captain Pike! My memory is that I could still enjoy one of the classic episodes from the 60's without something exploding every second, but maybe I'd reconsider if I actually watched an episode from the 60's. Hmmmm.

And speaking of boldly going where I have not yet been ---- I finally did it! I joined the 21st century and a ton of friends on Facebook. Now I'm completely overwhelmed because I have no idea what I'm doing! My cute nephew Sam was here today and he volunteered to help me open an account. He was here long enough to get the account opened, but now I'm not sure what to do next. For anyone reading this, be forewarned that I'll be calling a lot of you this week to get some pointers. Notice I said I'd be "calling" because I wouldn't have a clue how to communicate with any of you online. So, please show some compassion on me as a neophyte.

I am pleased that I didn't sign up and find that no one wanted me as a friend. That would have made me overwhelmed and embarrassed all at the same time. So, I'll take a stab at Facebook, hope there are no earwigs or other disgusting creatures associated with it, and wish that I can live long and prosper (along with all my Friends, that is).

4 comments:

ColleenDown said...

Congratulations-you posted everyday this week! It has been fun seeing your appear everyday. Congratulations on Facebook too. I bet you will be one of those people with hundreds of friends within a few days. Before you know it, it will consume your life and you will never blog again:-(

cathyg said...

I have also looked forward to your daily blogs! I knew you could do it all week, way to go! Let me know if you like the facebook experience, I will probably get there before the end of the summer. See you soon!

AnneMarie said...

I'm so proud of you for seeing Star Trek AND for sitting through my 2.5 hour FB tutorial today! Good luck this week...I'm just a chat box (or phone call) away :)

Darcee said...

I haven't done the facebook thing. . . mostly because I don't need another thing to draw me away from mommying. I'm not always super disciplined at staying off the computer as it is. I have had my fair share of invites so it does entice me a bit because I have loved the connections I've made with people because of my blog, but the time thing thus far has won out. And since my kids don't do it (Cache is not interested at all, and the others haven't expressed an interest) they don't need another computer draw either! Don't tell me what I'm missing and I'll be okay!!