Sunday, June 14, 2009

Words to Live By

I officially made my goal of blogging every day this past week. It's been fun! Thanks for the support you guys have given me in reading my blogs and making me feel so famous. I think I'll continue to blog a lot just because I know I can.

As for a Facebook update, I'm getting by with a little help from my friends! I've had some tutoring and I have some more scheduled, so join me there as you can.

Finally, for today's blog, I want to share a few quotes I really like. I record them when I see them, but they will be more fun if I share them. I'll just share a couple now and save some others for another day. Enjoy these little snippets of wisdom!

“God left [the] world unfinished. . . . He left the problems unsolved and the pictures unpainted and the music unsung that man might know the joys and glories of creation.” - Attributed to Alan Stockdale (This one always reminds me of Daniel and the things he gets to do in order to experience this joy.)

(And now another one that reminds me of Daniel. I need to find a good way to display this one in his room!) I meander to the beat of my own drummer!

(Here's a great quote taken from the movie Hairspray. This was spoken by Maybelle and it reminds me what it's like some days just to go out in the world.) Brace yourself for a whole lotta ugly coming at you from a never-ending parade of stupid.

(I'll make this one my last one for tonight. It just gives me hope.) I hope this is the dark part of the night, which is generally just before day. – General Nathanael Greene during American campaign in 1776

4 comments:

Darcee said...

Love the creation quote. . .thoughts of creativity and the part it plays in our lives have been floating in my head lately. Perhaps one of these weeks I'll get a post put together on it.

Loved the blog-a-thon week!

cathyg said...

Fun quotes! They are some fresh ones that I haven't seen. I remember Maybell's now that I read it...love it!

Heather said...

Meandering to the beat of my own drummer. That's a motto to live by.

Congratulations on a week of posts. I almost made it with you but got distracted by a trip to oregon. I enjoyed reading yours though. Next you should try for a month!

ColleenDown said...

Somehow I missed this blog. These are great quotes!