Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Horse Show 2009


The annual Horse Show at the place Cheyenne rides was held at the end of May. This was Cheyenne's best year ever. She worked hard before the show and she gave it her all at the show. With a name like Cheyenne Wilde, would you expect anything less? [And so I digress to a funny story shared by a neighbor recently. As a followup to another discussion, one of this neighbor's children said, 'What if Cheyenne married someone with a last name of West? Her name would be Cheyenne Wilde West!' We decided we'd use the theme to 'Wild, Wild, West' as the wedding march.]

She won first place in the barrel racing for her group. She wanted to gallop, but alas, she held herself to a trot and did a fine trot at that. Way to go! She also got ribbons for the skills test and the water race (a race in which she had to scoop water from a bucket with a pitcher, hold the pitcher with one hand and the reins in the other, and race to the other side to dump the water in another bucket). A lot of family was there to witness the big event, but please pay no attention to the dorky-faced teenage brother on the left side (oh, I shouldn't have pointed it out, I guess). But you should pay attention to the cute pink cowgirl boots she's wearing!


I'm sure many of you have heard me talk about how excited she can get about a 'Participant' ribbon. This was better! Way to go, girl!

7 comments:

Laura said...

I'm so impressed! I don't even think I could get onto a horse . . . I'm sure she's so proud. Way to go Cheyanne!

And you definitly have an open invitation to come and visit us!! And this house does have a pool, yard, 3car garage, and guest bedroom. We like it a lot. So I hope you do come down this winter!

Heather said...

What a pro! I wish I could have seen her. I will definitely be on the look out for a 10-13 year old boy with the last name West.

AnneMarie said...

And what about the cute mom sporting the cowboy hat?

ColleenDown said...

Three days in a row--I am very impressed. I was also very impressed with Cheyenne's finesse on the horse. A definite rodeo queen in the future.

Darcee said...

Love that she can tap into that 'wild' side without you even owning a horse! (or do you?)

So we left Greta's diaper bag at Moyle park and when we finally figured out where we had left it and that it was still there and got up to get it, all Tess could talk about was "Where's Cheyenne?" "I need her to swing with me." "I need to see the horsies with Cheyenne." Pretty much nonstop about Cheyenne. She had a great time with her there!

Romney said...

Way to go Cheyenne! Sorry I couldn't be there to witness it all!

Anonymous said...

Could not find a suitable section so I written here, how to become a moderator for your forum, that need for this?