Monday, June 8, 2009

My Kids' Kreations


For some time now, Cheyenne has been asking me to teach her how to decorate a cake. We finally did it a couple weeks ago. We baked a yummy white cake together, then she did all the decorating. She did a great job, and she enjoyed it. I think we'll be doing more in the future. Maybe she'll take a little stress off of me by becoming the family's new cake supplier!

In the meantime, Daniel has been busy creating in his own way. When I recently took my turn dusting the entertainment center, I was given a treat when I saw the newest accessories for the cute wooden fish we have as decorations. I guess Daniel was a little consumed with the "Core Testing" they were doing that week at school. (Just in case you can't see the picture well, they each have a "Coral Test" along with an answer sheet full of small round circles.)

And as a followup, the next time I went to dust, the tests were all piled up in the center of the fish so they could burn them in a fire! At least chores become an experience of discovery!

And just for the record, this was posted before midnight, so I'm still up with my goal!

3 comments:

Heather said...

The cake looks delicious. Well done Cheyenne. I think governmental oversight has gone too far when it interferes in the education of decorative accessories.

jessica&john.com said...

I love all the new posts. I want to hear more about Daniel's youth conference for ideas.
Lol about the fish. That gives a school of fish a whole new meaning.

Laura said...

I love your kids. They are so much fun.