Sunday, June 7, 2009

She Lives!

Since starting this blog nearly two years ago, this is the longest I've ever gone without posting. May is always crazy with the end of school year activities and such. Then there are always the wildelife things that just happen. The reasons for my negligience are many. The month was busy, my head was more full of thoughts than my hands could really type (so I end up typing nothing instead of typing a little bit), and ironically, technological concerns have slowed me down. That is, Dale has been trying to consolidate all our pictures and such in one place. That means he downloads them all to his computer. I think about getting certain pictures to blog about them, but it takes longer these days, so I slack off. All lousy excuses. That happens a lot in my life.

So, today is a new day. I've set a goal for myself. For at least one week, I'm going to pretend I'm one of those big name, highly paid blogging moms who shares regularly. I'm going to post something every day between now and next Sunday. I certainly have enough ideas stored in my head to post every day for a lot longer, but that would be a little too much Cheryl, now wouldn't it?? I invite you to come along and share a week of a blog a day and see how it goes.

For today, my thought would be that I'm so thankful for kind, wonderful youth leaders who do things to strengthen teenagers. Parents can do a lot, but we can't do it all (and somedays can do nothing). That's when other adults can really influence these tender souls.

Daniel got to spend the last 3 days enjoying a youth conference put on by the leaders of our stake. They copied a very popular youth program called Especially for Youth. They had college-aged counselors, they played fun team building games, they saw concerts, they danced, they had workshops, they studied scriptures, they learned etiquette, etc., etc. Every night he came home beaming. Last night it was beaming mixed with humble spiritual awakening. He felt moved by knowing for sure that there is a Heavenly Father who loves him. All the other skills he learned will be beneficial in his life, but that kind of knowledge will be irreplaceable. Thank you again to those who helped him find that knowledge; it means a lot to a mom like me.

6 comments:

AnneMarie said...

There should be a place to click "Like" on a post (just like Facebook) because that's what I would do for this one. Ditto for me on the AFY.

Looking forward to a blog a day this week!

Darcee said...

Looking forward to a week of posts! I would like to do the same, at least to get the half finished posts I've got as drafts published, maybe a commitment would help me (I just don't dare commit!)

ColleenDown said...

Whoa the pressure! I am glad that Daniel had a good time--Katelyn goes next week. Good Luck with everything this week.

Heather said...

Great idea. Can I join you? (And would you mind sending me a reminder email after you've done your posting :) ?)

J Shepherd Family said...

I'm very much looking forward to reading updates more often!

cathyg said...

Welcome back! Since you are blogging everyday, just take a picture and post it fast before Dale can file it! See you soon, either in real life or cyberspace!