Friday, June 19, 2009

Mom and Daughter Conversation

Cheyenne: Let's go to that place and get eel! That's what I want for dinner -- eel!
(At the restaurant)
Mom: So, if I were going to take you out to dinner and I let you choose pizza or sushi, what would you choose?
Cheyenne (while shoving a large bite of raw salmon in her mouth): SUSHI!
(pause)
Cheyenne: I would order this same thing over and over again. It would be like a unicycle!
(Puzzled look on Mom's face)
Cheyenne (while drawing a circle with her hand): You know -- like a caterpillar goes to a cocoon then a butterfly!
Mom: Oh, that would be a life cycle.
Cheyenne: Uh huh.

The whole conversation made me smile, and it clearly needed to be recorded. Love that girl!

4 comments:

ColleenDown said...

We love that girl too!!

cathyg said...

Sushi over pizza? Who would have guessed! I love the things she says and the enthusiasm she says them with!

Suzanne said...

One in a million. Can she teach my girls to request sushi, too? I still haven't ever made it out to the sushi bar seeing as no one in my family will enter with me. I give Jacob 2 thumbs up for trying some that I brought into the house. He actually swallowed it and didn't spit it out which I thought was remarkable, but he didn't want anymore. Go Cheyenne!

Pattie said...

1. Hilarious. Love conversations like this.

2. How do you get a child to like sushi? I saw a little boy eating it at a restaurant this past weekend and I looked at my kids and thought, "never in my wildest dreams would they touch sushi".